Your Safety Department, LLC offers Counterbalanced Forklift and Rough Terrain Forklift Training at your site. We set the standard for workplace safety when it comes to the operation of powered industrial trucks. All of our Powered Industrial Truck Training Programs meet or exceed applicable safety requirements, including industry safety standards and government regulations.
Our blended course includes both General Training on multiple pieces of equipment of a particular type including counterbalanced forklifts, rough terrain forklifts, vertical masts forklifts, and telehandlers in a classroom setting followed by Familiarization with specific models prior to use and a documented Practical Evaluation to ensure competency to the certification requirements.
General Training (Length: 4-5 hours)
The attendee to the class will become familiar with the general instructions for operators regarding inspection, application and operation of forklifts including recognition and avoidance of hazards associated with their use as covered in ANSI/ITSDF B56.1-2012 and ANSI/ITSDF B56.6-2005. These practices include:
- The actual operation of the forklift "under the direction of a qualified person."
- The need for the trainee to operate the powered industrial truck for a sufficient period of time to demonstrate proficiency.
- Regulations and standards
- The need to perform workplace inspections
- Recognition and avoidance of common hazards
- Operator warnings and instructions
- The purpose and use of manuals
- A pre-start inspection
- Factors affecting stability
- Personal protective equipment
- General equipment components
- Safe use of equipment
- The proper selection of the powered industrial truck and equipment for the job at hand
- The application and understanding of typical options that are associated with larger machines: e.g. outriggers, stabilizers, extendable axles, envelope management system, load-moment devices and dual capacity
When completed, the General Training is the first step for qualifying an operator to operate any like-type powered industrial truck as long as he/she is also familiarized with the controls and safety devices of the other like-type equipment.
Familiarization (Length: ~1 hours)
Familiarization training includes a review of the following with each person designated to operate the equipment.
- Review pre-start inspection procedures
- Confirm that the manual(s) as specified by the manufacture are on the powered industrial truck
- Review control functions
- Review safety devices specific to the model powered industrial platform being delivered
Practical Evaluation (Length: ~30 minutes)
- Visual Checks
- Operator Checks
- Basic Operating Procedures
- General Safety
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE COURSE:
This course is designed for personnel who are employers, supervisors, owners, operators, users and qualified personnel who require training prior to the operation of powered industrial trucks in accordance with OSHA Regulations.
The successful participant will receive a wallet sized, laminated Counterbalance and/or Rough Terrain Certification Card valid for a period of three years.
Cost per student $195.00
Class size ~ 5-6 students
Please call to schedule, or use our contact form and we will respond within 24 hours of your request.