BasicPlus CPR, AED and First Aid for Adults | Your Safety Department
(Length: 4-5 hours)
MEDIC First Aid BasicPlus CPR, AED, and First Aid for Adults is an objective-driven, skills based training program. The students must perform the following skills competently without assistance:
- Removal of contaminated gloves
- External chest compressions
- Rescue breaths using a CPR mask or shield
- Primary assessment for an unresponsive person
- CPR as a single provider including turning on an AED
- Primary assessment for a responsive person
- Control of severe bleeding
- Stabilization of a suspected head, neck, or back injury
- Stabilization of a swollen, painful, deformed limb
Required only when specified by organizational, local, or state regulation. Recommended for designated responders with a duty or employer expectation to respond in an emergency and provide first aid care. Successful completion requires a correct score of 70% or better.
Persons who are occupationally required or just desire to have first aid knowledge and skills, such as emergency response teams in business and industry, school bus drivers, adult residential care personnel, child care workers, teachers, parents, and babysitters.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
A certification card is issued upon successful completion of this course. The certification period is valid for up to 2 years.
Cost per student $90.00
Please call to schedule, or use our contact form and we will respond within 24 hours of your request.