HAZWOPER Training | Your Safety Department
Your Safety Department, LLC has developed a 8-hours, 24-hours and 40-hours HAZWOPER Training module.
(Length: 8-Hours, 24-Hours or 40-Hours)
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rule to help assure worker health and safety at hazardous waste sites requires introductory, general training on basic hazard recognition, use of provided protective equipment, basic hazard control, decontamination procedures, and other relevant standard operating procedures, as well as training at each site. This program is intended to meet the requirements of the introductory, general training.
The attendee will be required to successfully complete a written evaluation of the information presented during this training session as recommended by OSHA Regulations OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 and OSHA 29 CFR 1926.65.
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS BY JOB FUNCTION
- Training for General Site Workers and Supervisors - 40 Hours and 8 Hours Refresher.
- Training for Temporary Site Workers - 24 Hours and 8 Hours Refresher.
- Training for Workers in Treatment Storage and Disposal - 24 Hours and 8 Hours Refresher.
- First Responder at the Awareness Level (Notification Only) - not specified and annual Refresher.
- First Responder at the Operations Level (Defensive Operations Only) - 8 Hours and annual Refresher.
- Hazardous Material Technician (Stop the Release of Hazardous Substances) - 24 Hours and annual Refresher.
- Hazardous Materials Specialist (Knowledge about the Hazardous Substances) - 24 Hours and annual Refresher.
- On-Scene Incident Commander (Assumes Control of Incident) - 24 Hours and annual Refresher.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE COURSE:
This course is designed for personnel who will conduct work at Hazardous Waste sites.
- Legal Rights and Responsibilities
- Hazard Recognition - Health Effects and Properties of Chemicals
- Site Assessment / Hazard Identification / Hazard Reporting
- Information Sources
- Monitoring and Sampling
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Work Practices and Site Controls
- Decontamination and Decontamination Lines
- Emergency Response
- Monitoring for Unknowns
- Small Group Exercises
- Hands on Simulation and Evaluation
The successful participant will receive a wallet sized, laminated Fall Protection Training Certification Card valid for a period of one year. Annual 8-hour Refresher is required where indicated.
Cost per class $750.00 per 8 hour day rate plus $75.00 per student for class materials.
Please call to schedule, or use our contact form and we will respond within 24 hours of your request.